Re: Lexbind (was: Emacs 23.3 released)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Lexbind (was: Emacs 23.3 released)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:07:24 -0400

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:13:44 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> I just had it hang up on electric-describe-variable. It *does* use CPU
> (around 30% on my Core2 Quad G9300).

That could indicate that it is looping in redisplay.

> (gdb) next
> Single stepping until exit from function msvcrt!memmove,
> which has no line number information.
> try_scrolling (window=55221765, just_this_one_p=0,
> arg_scroll_conservatively=143165576, scroll_step=0,
> temp_scroll_step=0, last_line_misfit=0)
>     at xdisp.c:13130
> 13130             } while (line_bottom_y (&it1) - start_y < amount_to_scroll);

If you continue stepping, do you ever get out of redisplay?  That is,
does redisplay_internal return?  You can find this out by repeatedly
typing "finish", until it does not return to a higher frame.

If it never gets back to wait_reading_process_output (frame #10 in
your backtrace), that would explain why Emacs is not responding to
your input.  The next step then would be to understand why it gets
stuck in redisplay.