Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:36:38 +0200

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 17:39, Sean Sieger <address@hidden> wrote:

> Where do you find the configure information that you and Juanma are
> discussing?  I've poked around, but I haven't found anything beyond
> configure --help.  The INSTALL files don't say, right?  The assertions,
> CFLAGs and so on, where are they listed?

I don't understand the question.  configure --help lists
`--enable-checking', which already activates lots of assertions.

There are other checks you can enable, like GLYPH_DEBUG, FONT_DEBUG
and DEBUG_GCPRO, but you have to do it by hand. This is as easy as
passing "--cflags -DFONT_DEBUG" to configure, except in the case of
GLYPH_DEBUG, which must be set to 1. This is currently unsupported on
Windows (cmd.exe interprets "=" as a separator, so it doesn't grok
-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1). If you're interested you can change the makefiles
after running configure (I'd recommend writing a small perl script or
some such and running it after configure.bat).

Take a look at lisp.h for other options, like USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE.

Hope this helps,

    Juanma