Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 13:57:58 +0100

On Wed 06 Apr 2011, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 05:01, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I think the above is much easier than any of the alternatives.
>
> Sure, and I agree with adding that change.
>
> But this method does not work if the user wants to --cflag
> -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=100000
>
>> In
>> particular, setting an environment variable sounds both ugly and
>> dangerous to me (the risk of leaving it set is high).
>
> I don't like it either, but it's easier than trying to workaround the
> =-is-a-separator issue.
>
>     Juanma

Due to some changes made in the last day or so, the Win32 build no
longer bootstraps. There are two issues that need fixing up:

a) ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT() and ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF() are undefined.
b) careadlinkatcwd() and careadlinkat are undefined in src/sysdep.c

The missing macros in (a) can be worked around by adding a force-include
header file:

  cmd.exe /C "configure.bat ${args} --with-gcc --no-cygwin \
--cflags -I$(cygpath -wm ${srcdir}/nt) \
--cflags -include --cflags user_defines.h \
"

This forces inclusion of "nt/user_defines.h" which can then contain any
user defined macro definitions or workarounds. Incorporating something
like this into configure.bat would allow user defined macros while
avoiding the problems with quoting '='.

For MSVC based builds, I expect "--cflags /FI --cflags user_defines.h"
to work in a similar fashion.

    AndyM