Re: Problem binding mouse-1 to Info-mouse-follow-nearest-node

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Problem binding mouse-1 to Info-mouse-follow-nearest-node
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:53:31 +0200

>> Could you reproduce the behavior I described on your machine?
>
> I couldn't try that where I wrote the previous message, but I can
> now.  Yes, I see it.  And no, it wasn't introduced after the lex-bind
> merge, because I see it in revision 103755 (I happen to have a binary
> for that revision in one of my branches).

For some reason I must have missed it all the time.

> The immediate problem which triggers the error is that deactivate-mark
> is called after Info-mouse-follow-nearest-node already changed the
> node displayed in the *info* buffer, which involves narrowing the
> buffer to a different range of character positions, and that causes
> the region to reference the portion of the buffer outside the current
> restriction.

We could simply try doing

(buffer-substring-no-properties
 (max (region-beginning) (point-min))
 (min (region-end) (point-max)))

in `deactivate-mark'.  But I have no idea how the region should be
defined when it's not entirely within the accessible portion of a
buffer.

martin