Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services

From: Ben Key
Subject: Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:28:19 -0500

Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> Provide a `ns-keychain-open' and a `ns-keychain-create' (plus a
> `ns-keychain-create-or-open' convenience function if you wish, and a
> `ns-keychain-delete' if you think it's safe).

I had planed to allow each of the ns-keychain functions to take a
keychain parameter that was a string and open or create the keychain
automatically.  But the design you recommend will actually make things
easier.  This is the design I will use then.

Note that to avoid resource leaks, I will also have to provide a
ns-keychain-close function.