Re: emacs build failure on today's debian

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: emacs build failure on today's debian
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:38:11 +0900

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:
>> It seems pretty dodgy that Emacs is directly looking for these files at
>> all, but oh well, I guess it's some messiness related to dumping.  If it
>> needs to use them, though, isn't there a less brittle way to find out
>> where they are?
>
> You can fix it with passing this to configure:
>
>   --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/$(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/

Right, that will work as a workaround right now, but I don't think users
should _have_ to do that, if it's possible for configure to figure it
out automatically.

So my question is really about the right way to do it for the future.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
My books focus on timeless truths.  -- Donald Knuth