Re: Common Lisp support for Semantic?

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Common Lisp support for Semantic?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:44:37 +0200

David O'Toole writes:
> Hello there, I took a peek at the Emacs Lisp parser for Semantic
> (interestingly, the file is named "el.el" :)

Well, it was called semantic-el.el, but had to be renamed because of 8+3
name clashes.

> It seems that I could make a version of this that supports Common
> Lisp. A few questions:
>
> 1. Has anyone else already done this?
> 2. If not, should I start by making a copy of el.el and then changing
> it to work with Common Lisp? Or, should I try to make el.el support
> both languages by branching just at the points where syntax differs?

There is currently a thread in CEDET-devel regarding support for
PicoLisp; maybe this can get you started:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.cedet/5179

I don't think anyone else is working on this, but it's probably best to
ask on CEDET-devel.

-David