Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:29:13 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> If I'm right, and Emacs needs to request that feature, then this has
> no relevance on the issue at hand, because smtpmail doesn't request
> BINARYMIME and in fact doesn't even support it.
>
> Or am I missing something?

No, and it isn't really relevant in any case.  :-)

We're not using the stuff in the smtpmail.el buffer for anything (except
error reporting), so it's immaterial whether the buffer is single byte
or not, isn't it?  It's not like we insert the email into the buffer,
and then use `process-send-region' (or something) on it.

I'm removing that piece of the cargo cult now.