Re: window-scroll-functions and performance

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: window-scroll-functions and performance
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:38:36 +0300

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:56:23 +0200
>
> Similar to this, scrolling in org buffers is actually very slow
> (impossible to use) unless all headers are open.
> Turning off bidi solve problem:

Please show me an example of a file where it is "impossible to use"
scrolling.  Also, please tell which scrolling commands you used, and
make sure this problem exists in "emacs -Q".  I will then look into
this.  You can file a bug report if you wish.

Thanks.

(I do use Org mode, and I have a huge Org file, and I cannot say that
scrolling there is impossible to use, even on my 6-year old hardware.
But perhaps your Org files have something special in them that
triggers this problem.)