Re: Djvu mode

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Djvu mode
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:07:09 -0500

On Thu Sep 29 2011 address@hidden wrote:
> I wrote the ImageMagick support for Emacs 24 specifically so I could
> view djvu images.

...What is this supposed to do?  I do not know much about image
support in emacs. How can this possibly handle djvu files?

> Other than that I haven't made anything, so I'm very interested in
> your different djvu modes. I hope you can work together and
> include the code in Gnu ELPA.

Right now I have no idea what kind of functionality one can possibly
get for viewing djvu files from ImageMagick in Emacs. I've never
dealt with that.

Currently, my djvu mode is completely built around the djvu text
layer (via djvused). For simplicity it uses djview as an external
viewer, though this could be changed. How does ImageMagick handle
highlighting in djvu pages?

Roland