Re: smtp crap

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: smtp crap
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:30:56 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I cannot speak for Posix platforms nowadays, but I do know that almost
> every Windows box out there has its mail client set up

Considering the increasing popularity of webmail, this may not be true
anymore.

Also, I don't like the argument that we should treat Windows users
differently from users on other platforms, just because they are likely
to use some proprietary mail client.  In that context, offering to set
up Emacs for sending email is actually good, if it encourages less
dependence on such mail clients.