Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:55:29 +0200

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> PS: BTW, since you use erlang-mode: could you get someone from the
>    erlang-mode developers to contact me in order to include it in Emacs
>    (I've tried several times but got no answer).

I must admit that I prefer to have haskell-mode and erlang-mode
be not part of Emacs' repo.
I find it favorable to have an up-to-date custom-managed or
package.el managed version.
For example with cc-mode, if Alan didn't agree to update it
soon in Emacs bzr, I was about to build and use a copy
in ~/.emacs.d.

In summary: we shouldn't try to add more big packages to Emacs,
especially not such which see more frequent releases than Emacs.
We have package support for a reason, don't we?

I will contact the erlang-mode maintainer, just to let him know,
though.