Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:02:50 -0500

>> I must admit that I prefer to have haskell-mode and erlang-mode be not part
>> of Emacs' repo.

> I'm not planning to add erlang-mode to Emacs, but to the GNU ELPA.

In that same vein, Emacs Chess should go into the GNU ELPA, and not into Emacs
proper.  It's a large package, and not related to the general task of editing
really in any way.  Plus, it depends on pixmaps from XBoard (fortunately, also
a GNU project) which weigh several megabytes by themselves.

John