Re: Git mirrors

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:55:00 +0200

>     Why don't we run a poll to ask GNU Emacs devs what dVCS they
>     would like to use for GNU Emacs development?
>
> Because the issue goes beyond the question of what is convenient for
> Emacs development at the present time.

John's point is about both conveniency and how using bzr is not the
best way to support FSF's goals.  Karl's point goes into more details
about the latter issue.  FWIW, I agree with both John and Karl.

Polling Emacs developers about what dVCS they want to use is not about
conveniency alone, it is about all these issues, political ones
included.

But seeing very little support for this idea, I guess there is something
wrong with it.  Thanks to John's work things are going in the right
direction anyway.

--
 Bastien