gnutls memory leak [Was: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint]

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: gnutls memory leak [Was: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:52:21 +0800

I think I see a problem in gnutls.c.  The functions for freeing the
credentials structures,

 fn_gnutls_certificate_free_credentials (x509_cred);
 fn_gnutls_anon_free_client_credentials (anon_cred);

are only called at gnutls.c:761 and gnutls.c:767, specifically for the
case where Fgnutls_boot is called on a process that already has
credentials structures (gnutls_x509_cred or gnutls_anon_cred) allocated.
IIUC, those freeing functions don't get called when the process is
killed via kill-process.

Could someone who had a hand in gnutls.c check if this is accurate?  If
not, I can try to put together a patch.

BTW, does anyone know a simple test-case for using the gnutls support,
to make it easier to test for the leak?