Re: auto-raise-mode and auto-lower-mode

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: auto-raise-mode and auto-lower-mode
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:48:58 +0800

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> AFAICT, these don't work on modern window managers, right?
>
> Really?

After further testing, auto-raise-mode does work, but only if you enable
focus follows mouse _and_ disable auto raising in the window manager.
(There's no chance of making it work for focus follows click, because
the auto_raise frame parameter is only used from x_new_focus_frame.)
I'll update the docstring to make this clearer.

As for auto-lower-mode, it seems to interact badly with Metacity,
leaving the window permanently unraisable.  I have no idea what's going
on there.