Re: Periodical releases

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Periodical releases
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 08:25:55 -0500

> From: Dave Abrahams <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:36:24 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> For what it's worth, Boost has no full-time people, and it releases four
> times yearly.

How tightly are the various libraries in Boost connected?  I.e., if
one of them is broken, how many others will become broken as result?

Core features in Emacs are likely to break many different and
unrelated features.  Emacs is a program, not a library.

The "People" page of the Boost site shows 48 developers.  How
intensely does each one of them work on Boost?  For that matter, how
many hours do you personally spend on Boost weekly, if I may ask?

I would be surprised if Emacs had more than 10 to 15 active
maintainers at any given time.  I don't know how many hours others
spend, but I can only devote about maybe 5 hours or less each week.