Re: Periodical releases

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: Periodical releases
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:28:29 +0100

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2) I will probably release Org 8.0 before the end of the feature freeze
>   (say march or april).  Not having it in Emacs 24.1 is not such a big
>   deal, agreed, but it creates a situation where people often install
>   Org on top of the one that comes with Emacs, which doesn't feel
>   optimal and leads to many questions, because of conflicting installs.

Out of curiosity. If I have 24.1 with Org 7.x and to use Org latest
I put that in ~/.emacs.d/<somewhere>, is there some potential
ambiguity/conflict/version-clash/mixup going on if I add that
local dir to the load path? Do I have to use some unknown-to-me
(prepend-to-load-path path)? I know that Vim has ~/.vim/* first in the
path list. What's it for Emacs?