Re: Memory again

From: emacs user
Subject: Re: Memory again
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:14:10 +0200

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu  wrote:

> Is this also reproducible on other builds such as tty-only or X11?

if I run the same executable using -nw, it just wont crash.  I can
bring it to a size of over 1Gb with no buffers at all; with buffers, I
could bring it to a size of 2.5Gb.  at that point I can use vm and
other packages that often crash emacs, and it's stable and happy apart
from the increasing memory.  upon killing buffers, the size does go
down from 2.5Gb to 1Gb, for example, but the minimum memory size used
does consistently increase with usage.