Re: New hook for ERC

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: New hook for ERC
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:23:32 +0100

08/02/12 22:21, Deniz Dogan
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to "fix" the behavior of ERC's scroll-to-bottom
> module by hooking into erc-insert-post-hook.  I thought that the state
> when that hook is executed would be that point is back in the input
> area, but it does not seem like it.

Hi,

What's your plan for scroll-to-bottom in ERC? Why do you need this hook
in addition to the existing one? scroll-to-bottom in its current state
is clearly suboptimal, and it has a pretty excessive CPU consumption
when repeating characters.

(I've also been looking for an emacs-wide replacement, without much
success. This would be something that says : emacs is not allowed to
display anything past the end of a buffer, period - except when the
buffer is not long enough. Just like every other software does. This is
one of the things that bother me the most about emacs.)