Re: Emacs scrolling past the end of buffer

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: Emacs scrolling past the end of buffer
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:52:41 +0100

Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:37:08 +0100
From: Deniz Dogan<address@hidden>

But then it sometimes happen that you see past the end of the buffer
when scrolling (the horror!). I'd rather have excessive CPU consumption.

What if we combine this with a function in `window-scroll-functions'?

Please make sure that no code that runs off `window-scroll-functions'
tries to affect the display.  Functions run by that hook should treat
the display as "read-only".

Yeah, I noticed the warning in the manual and function docstring, but there was no explanation as to why. Is this to avoid recursive execution of the hooks?