Re: Add morph library to emacs

From: Alin Soare
Subject: Re: Add morph library to emacs
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 04:56:53 +0200

 > The effort you depose to write tabs for emacs can be compared with
 > the effort to add to emacs a real graphical interface

Once again, you're talking to yourself, making us guess what you mean.

here is a video to see what I am talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr-GzmvW35w

In this video you can imagine that the workspace is a frame or buffer or window of emacs.

I can write a minimal smalltalk system in less than 4000 lines of code , and it supports minimal graphics.

Emacs does not have millions of lines of code as you say : just run a command like 'cat *.c *.h | wc ' in ./src to convince yourself.

No lisp line of code needs be changes, and all functionality would maintain as now.

Once you have the tendency to say that you use widgets , you have the tendency to use graphics, so you need a graphical interface.

I bow out of this thread definitively now.