Re: menu system in recent Emacs?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: menu system in recent Emacs?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 09:13:20 +0200

() Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden>
() Thu, 03 May 2012 07:21:43 +0200

   I think you want to use cons instead of push here,
   what you want is (t . event) like described in doc, isn't it?

I've just now read (info "(elisp) Event Input Misc")
which says, in part:

     Normally you add events to the front of this list, so that the
     events most recently unread will be reread first.

     Events read from this list are not normally added to the current
     command's key sequence (as returned by e.g. `this-command-keys'),
     as the events will already have been added once as they were read
     for the first time.  An element of the form `(`t' . EVENT)' forces
     EVENT to be added to the current command's key sequence.

So, no, i do not want to use ‘cons’ because:

- ‘push’ is side-effecting, the equivalent of ‘cons’ then ‘setq’,
  which is what we want (here, the value of the sub-expression is
  unimportant);

- (t . EVENT) frobs ‘this-command-keys’, which doesn't concern me.

Perhaps you mistook ‘?\t’ (CHARACTER TABULATION, U+0009) for ‘t’?