Re: The grand indentation unification project

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: The grand indentation unification project
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 16:05:47 -0400

Daniel Hackney wrote:

> I propose adding to the `emacs-lisp-mode' section of ".dir-locals.el" in
> the source root `(indent-tabs-mode . t)'

We've been here before. Eg:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg00820.html

    space-vs-tabs-vs-aliens doesn't matter, as long as it's indented to the
    right position.  That's my opinion on this matter.

    > In any case, the current situation of inconsistent use of spaces and
    > TABs is IMO much worse than any of the consistent alternatives.

    It's completely irrelevant and a waste of time to even discuss it.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-01/msg00219.html

etc, etc