Re: Emacs 24.1 release candidate

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.1 release candidate
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 14:20:28 +0800

"Nelson H. F. Beebe" <address@hidden> writes:

> I now have emacs-24.1-rc.tar.gz built and installed on about 25
> flavors of Unix in my test lab.
>
> There are failures on only two: SGI IRIX MIPS (last emacs version to
> build = 21.3.50), and NetBSD 5.1 x86.
>
> The former isn't a problem, because it is quite old.  The latter
> continues to give me trouble. The last version to build there was
> 24.0.96.  I'll continue to try to find a solution.

Could you give more details about the problem with the NetBSD build?

Here's one guess.  About a month ago, Glenn Morris made a change to
configure.in to fix a conjectured problem with using terminfo on netbsd:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-04/msg00906.html

This change was included in pretest 24.0.97.  That may be why the build
stopped working for you after 24.0.96.  Can you revert the change
described in the above link, and see if that fixes the build?  If so, we
can revert the change for the 24.1 release.