Re: Have Mac OS X-related patches; need papers.

From: Samuel Bronson
Subject: Re: Have Mac OS X-related patches; need papers.
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 10:38:01 -0400

On Jul 1, 2012, at 10:26 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

Samuel Bronson <address@hidden> writes:

As for the ones I have committed, you would normally be able to use
launchpad's web UI to look at them, but right now that seems to be having trouble, so your best bet is probably to either grab the branch or try
something with "bzr missing", like so:

Good stuff.

I've been trying for a week to get Emacs to run with "clang -O4", but at that optimization level one of the red-black tree pointers get overwritten with a bad value. Debugging it involves reading a lot of assembly code, and I just ran out of steam. Would you be willing to work on the problem with me?

Well, the Mac I'm using for this has a G5 PowerPC cpu, so it can only run up through OS X 10.5.8 and Xcode 3.1.4, and only ppc and ppc64 code. Would that be of any use? I see that macports has several versions of clang available...