Re: Regular crashes with abort() in mark_maybe_pointer with trunk

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: Regular crashes with abort() in mark_maybe_pointer with trunk
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:47:06 +0200

On Fri, Jun 29 2012, Julien Danjou wrote:

> I know this because emacs-snapshot for Debian that I package worked
> correctly for the 20120622 version, and stopped working with this last
> commit. Something in between changed something causing this.
>
> If nobody has an idea, I can try to bisect but that will require
> sometimes since the crash is still random to me (not sure how to
> reproduce for sure).

I've finally spent time bisecting, and found what I think is the
culprit:

commit 172592b99f93e1bf03002a6769aa608e2776f44b
Author: Dmitry Antipov <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Jun 27 19:46:48 2012 +0400

    * alloc.c (allocate_string_data): Remove dead code.
    * xsettings.c (XSETTINGS_FONT_NAME): Move under HAVE_XFT to
    avoid GCC warning about unused macro.

I'm running with a recent trunk snapshot with this patch reverted, and
it seems to fix my problem so far.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker & freelance