Re: Note on 109327

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Note on 109327
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:33:26 -0600

Dmitry> Yes. I'm always thinking about improving internal stuff, GC at first.
Dmitry> For me, the main motivation for BVAR, KVAR, FVAR etc. is the ability
Dmitry> to catch the moment when the pointer (e.g. Lisp_Object) within buffer,
Dmitry> or keyboard, of frame, etc. is read or written, which may be useful
Dmitry> to implement write barriers (see, for exmaple,
Dmitry> http://www.hoelzle.org/publications/write-barrier.pdf, but do not
Dmitry> get confused with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_barrier).

I think to do this well you will need separate macros for getting and
setting.

Tom