Re: Git to Bzr - what works?

From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: Re: Git to Bzr - what works?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:08:16 -0300

2012/8/14 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

> But fastimport doesn't quite work, does it?  So in practice, it isn't
> a solution, either.
>
> Did someone try to merge from git repository to bzr repository using
> the bzr-git plugin?

That's exactly how I merged python.el from github to the bzr repo.

I generated the patches from git repo with git format-patch, modified
paths in patch files with sed to match Emacs file structure, and then
used bzr git-apply with no problems, except for the fact that I had to
create a commit adding a blank lisp/progmodes/python.el after deleting
the old one in order for bzr git-apply to apply patches successfully.

Regards,
Fabián