Re: RefTeX Merge

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: RefTeX Merge
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:39:09 -0700

On 09/23/2012 11:10 AM, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>   Unfortunately RefTeX does not have its own ChangeLog in
>   the Emacs repository so I'm not sure where to put this stuff.

One possibility is to create a new directory
lisp/textmodes/reftex, move the RefTeX source there,
and create a ChangeLog there, starting the ChangeLog with all the
old history followed by a note saying what happened.

>   Are there better ways to preserve [old Makefiles].

You could add them to the Emacs repository and then remove them,
I suppose.  Not sure it's worth the confusion, though.

> a version.texi file with the version and the date that
>   is included in the main Texinfo file.  Is there something like this as
>   well in Emacs?

Not as far as I know.  Shouldn't be hard to add.

> * Macros in Texinfo files
>
>   The reftex.texi file of the standalone version uses macros for words
>   like TeX, LaTeX, BibTeX and so on.  So there is e.g. @BibTeX{} instead
>   of address@hidden  Can those be used in the Emacs repository as well?

Don't see why not.