Re: RefTeX Merge

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: RefTeX Merge
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 22:46:04 +0200

* Chong Yidong (2012-09-26) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If the log can take such amount of data, then I would be fine with it.
>> And besides that I'd prepare a shorter entry for the ChangeLog file.
>
> From my estimation, once you take out entries for Makefile changes,
> releases, and synchs to Emacs, the ChangeLog is about 400 lines, which
> is manageable.  So I think we can put it in the commit log.

It got about 100 lines more.  I hope this is not a problem.  At least
bzr didn't barf.

> In the version to be added to the ChangeLog file, you can collate the
> changes to each file, which should shorten the entry significantly.
> Still, I think a ChangeLog entry of ~100 lines is acceptable.

In the ChangeLog about 140 lines ended up.  Again, I hope this is okay.
If necessary I can try to shave of a few.

> Let's not play with bzr join.  We've had bad experiences with that on
> the elpa branch.
>
> I suggest just patching the affected files manually, then committing as
> though you had made the changes in one shot.  Just be sure not to
> inadvertently change the headers (e.g. "This file is part of GNU Emacs")
> and so forth.

I've made some experiments with `bzr join' and I haven't really had
success.  That's why I committed the changes as suggested above.

Thanks a lot to the people commenting on the topic for all the hints and
feedback.

--
Ralf