Emacsconf - Emacs, from scratch presenter needed

From: Ryan White
Subject: Emacsconf - Emacs, from scratch presenter needed
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 16:54:03 +0200

Hi Emacs developers

First, thanks for a great tool. I've been an enthusiastic Emacs user for a couple of years now, and it's mix of functionality and extensibility means that it's been incredibly effective at helping me beat all sorts of code into shape.

On to the matter at hand:
There's an Emacs conference on, in London on the 30th March 1013. I'd be more keen to have one, or several of the actual developers present, rather than me... More info here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2012-12/msg00222.html
Organisation document here:
https://github.com/dotemacs/emacsconf-organisation/blob/master/talks.org

I proposed "Emacs, from scratch":
A quick, entertaining look at how Emacs starts up. From the core interpreter, through the elisp packages to bring it to "full Elisp" status, and on into the bits and pieces that make it all "Emacs". Remember: it's not a text editor - it's an operating system, with a text editor baked in ;)

It got quite a few votes, and looks like it'd be a hot topic.

... I think it'd also be interesting to know which primitives are in languages other than Elisp, how the Emacs image is dumped - what gnarly, historically retained little flourishes are there - that sort of thing.

So... any takers?

Thanks, and thanks!
Ryan

--