Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111840: Port documentation to Texinfo 5.0.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111840: Port documentation to Texinfo 5.0.
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:34:40 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem is with this macro:
>
>   @macro trampfn {method, user, host, address@hidden
>   @address@hidden,@address@hidden,@@address@hidden@c
>   @end macro
>
> It uses intermediate macros, because the manual calls this macro with
> some of its arguments empty, e.g.:
>
>   @trampfn{telnet, , , /usr/local/bin/etc}
>
> and it wants the prefixes and postfixes (@ and :) not to appear when
> the corresponding argument is empty.
>
> I think the best way to fix this would be to introduce several macros,
> one each for every number of non-empty arguments, and then use each
> one as needed.  A bit less convenient, perhaps, but much more
> straightforward.
>
> The question is would Michael accept this solution.

I haven't played with texinfo 5 yet, so I cannot say too much. But the
idea of @trampfn was to have just one unique macro with plays for
all. Before changing this, I would like to check with texinfo 5 whether
it is still possible. If I understand Glenn correctly, we have no rush
for the emacs-24 branch (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Best regards, Michael.