Re: develop an emacs library

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: develop an emacs library
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 01:05:15 +0530

Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> It would be a good thing to have emacs as a library.
>
> It could be used for Android development. I would compile the .so with
> the NDK. Prototype my program with my desktop emacs. Then I would dump
> the thing in the device. The fun part would be to have a REPL to do
> iterative development.
>
> Also if there is such a library, one could write an emacs GUI with Java
> so that we could run emacs proper on Android.

> Am I nut?

(I could be off the mark with this reply.)

I remember the mono runtime (Runtime for C# code) having similar
facility.

See
        http://www.mono-project.com/Guide:Running_Mono_Applications

I see parallels to

1. emacs --batch

2. We can make the .elc byte code files a non-native binary.  .exe files
   are but CLI byte-code files.

3. mkbundle

   This seems like bundling the required .el(c) libraries and stripping
   all other unused libraries.