Re: EOL: unix/dos/mac

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: EOL: unix/dos/mac
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:53:39 +0100

> So I'm OK with "updating" the indicators, tho I'm not sure what we
> should use instead.

Currently, the indicators coincide with the naming of coding systems,
like utf-8-{unix,dos,mac}. Wouldn't it be confusing to use different
notations? Or are the coding systems to be changed too?

> To replace "Mac", maybe we could use "MacOS9", which is longish but
> hopefully such files are rare nowadays.

You could use "OS9". There are both OS-9 (by Microware) and Mac OS 9,
but they agree on using CR as a line ending.

Ulrich