Re: bug#14170: 24.3; linum won't create all overlays after a folding

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: bug#14170: 24.3; linum won't create all overlays after a folding
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 20:52:51 +0200

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I know it breaks some customizations discussed on the EmacsWiki,

If I'm not mistaken (has been a while since I last looked at nlinum),
it doesn't just break "some customizations discussed on the
EmacsWiki", it does break some customizations in my .emacs (which is
perhaps not very relevant for the Emacs project, but it is certainly
relevant enough for me).

> but
> I think we should install nlinum.el and move linum.el to obsolete.

As long as nlinum lacks features of linum, I don't think obsoleting it
is the way to go.