Re: Emacs fullscreen and sizes in frame parameters

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs fullscreen and sizes in frame parameters
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 08:55:52 +0200

Hello.

9 jun 2013 kl. 00:04 skrev David Engster <address@hidden>:

> I'd like Emacs to display an image so that it spans the *entire* screen
> from top to bottom. That means: just the image, no window decorations or
> anything else.
>
> I know that Emacs frames can only have pixel-sizes which are multiples
> of the character width and height. Still, I was hoping that I could
> achieve that by simply making the frame a bit larger. However, it seems
> I cannot resize the frame when the 'fullscreen' parameter is set to
> 'fullboth', which (I think) is the only way to get rid of the window
> decorations. Is this really the case or am I missing something?

You don't say what window system you are running, but for X at least, the
window manager does not allow resizing of a fullscreen window.  This is kind of
the point of having fullscreen windows, i.e. fixed size covering the screen.
For NS, it behaves the same.  I guess W32 does the same thing, but I don't know
for sure.

        Jan D.