Re: eww

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:03:23 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

>> Is there a way to make the major mode map keys work even if you're
>> standing on text with `local-map'?
>
> Make the current local map the parent of the local-map property.

Hm...  the button keymap (in this case, `shr-map') would then have to be
copied in some sort of setup function, because `set-keymap-parent' is
destructive, isn't it?  And you can use shr to render HTML i various
modes.

If you use overlays with :keymap, then Emacs will automatically "fall
through" the map if you hit a key which isn't bound in the :keymap
keymap, I think.  Would it be possible to make text properties
`local-map' work the same way?