Re: image-size

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: image-size
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 21:52:19 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> I was hoping that someone who knows something about Emacs and images
>> under X would pipe up so that I won't have to.  :-)
>
> I do know about that.  I told you what I know and see: Emacs does not
> invoke any display related code inside image-size, but you don't
> believe me for some reason.

This issue was discussed in 2010. The beginning of the full thread is
here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/130714

If you don't want to read it all: It seems that the call to
'lookup-image' is the offender. I guess this is a good summary by
Yidong with a pointer on how to fix this:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/130785

-David