Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 08:20:31 +0530

> I felt... something (a small disturbance in the force, maybe)... when
> the name change came up.

> And, I see now, the name "tumme" is still there in the form of an
> alias for one of the commands in the package.

Retaining "tumme" as a command is a good and smart gesture on the part
of whoever took that decision.

I am happy that aliasing route has gained lots of traction and that some
traces of "eww" will remain.  Who knows the non-sensical sounding "eww"
could have some meaning in Norsk (or whatever)

> So, that was my little insignificant story...

What if tumme had been erased altogether? Would you be here to tell the
story?

ps: Question in last para is rhetorical, btw.