Re: Fallback mode for image magick?

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Re: Fallback mode for image magick?
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 11:28:12 +0200

2013/7/6 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
[...]

Btw, statically linking against ImageMagick is a no-starter for
Windows.  But this can be fixed later, once the statically linked
executable works.

I guess there might be a misunderstanding in my compiling-vocabulary here; What I meant is that I compiled with "--ldflags -static". When I compiled this way, emacs would start without complaint when any of the DLLs (including jpeg, png etc) were not available, which is the behaviour I saw in binary releases for Windows.

When I did not use the -static flag and removed the DLLs from PATH, emacs would crash on startup saying DLLs are missing.