Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:40:37 +0200

Vitalie Spinu <address@hidden> writes:

>  >> address@hidden
>  >> on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:32:50 +0200 wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>  > At any rate, as I recall, there are no reasons not to implement scaling
>  > support in image mode, Someone(TM) just needs to invest some energy. It
>  > shouldnt even be very hard.
>
>  >>
>  >> I naturally wonder if there should be a global user custom variable
>  >> like:
>  >>
>  >> (defcustom image-view-type (and (image-type-available-p 'imagemagick)
>  >> 'imagemagick))
>  >>

> How about this one? Would it ever make sense to use libjpeg or libpng if
> imagemagick support is available? If not, then image-mode and
> image-dired can use imagemagick whenever present and no custom var is
> necessary.

Imagemagick handles a lot of file formats, and sometimes you want
another library to have higher priority. Thats what
imagemagick-enabled-types and imagemagick-types-inhibit is for.

The code above wont work because (image-type-available-p 'imagemagick),
'imagemagick is not an image type, its a feature that provides image
types.

--
Joakim Verona