Re: desktop-restore-frames

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: desktop-restore-frames
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 00:21:54 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
Still needing testing. I refuse to believe that lack of bug reports
means everything's working flawlessly.

I am still here... :-)

For desktop, I use only "(desktop-save-mode t)" in the init file, and the restoration seems good. Usually I use one frame with 3 windows (and many buffers) and don't notice big issues if not those regarding the maximize/fullscreen problems described here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-07/msg00142.html

This seems to affect only the GTK build on Cygwin...

I can add only this: once the maximizing button has been selected, in the subsequent sessions, the frame is restored almost maximized but with the maximizing button unselected so that one can no longer reset the frame dimensions to the default values (a frame that looks like a square).

Other than that, it looks like you did a good work. Thanks!

Ciao,
 Angelo.