Re: Input for TTY menus

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Input for TTY menus
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:49:04 +0300

> From: Darren Hoo <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:34:52 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > Is this supposed to work?  (I'm developing this on Windows, so what I
> > see might be some Windows-specific issue; I could continue development
> > on Unix, if read_char is supposed to work in this situation on Posix
> > platforms.)

That mail is ancient history.  I followed up in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-09/msg00417.html
with explanation why I had those problems.

> Is your work on Unix finished or still in progress?

Finished, see

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-10/msg00258.html.

> I've tried latest bzr revno: 114690 and it does not work on these
> environments that I have used to test:
>
> 1. xterm on GNU/Linux,
> 2. GPM-enabled virtual console on GNU/Linux.
> 3. iterm2 on OSX

What do you mean by "does not work"?  Are the problems with the mouse,
or can't you even open the menus with F10 and then navigate with arrow
keys or with C-f/C-b/C-n/C-p?  The latter certainly works for me on
GNU/Linux.

If the problem is with the mouse, then xt-mouse indeed does not work
(it starts tmm-menubar instead).  I could not test with GPM, and I
don't know what is iterm2.  I don't have access to these environments,
so the text-mode mouse is only tested on Windows text terminal.
Details of why things don't work and patches are welcome.