Re: Input for TTY menus

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Input for TTY menus
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:35:20 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: chad <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:04:54 -0400
>
> But the tty-menu code should also correctly handle an empty menu.
> E.g. if I do:
>
> emacs -Q -nw
> M-: (global-set-key [menu-bar test] '(menu-item "Test" (keymap "Test"))) RET
> f10
>
> then f10 just tells me "Empty menu" and doesn't let me move to
> another menu.

I'd appreciate if you or someone else could fix this, or describe the
solution in enough detail that I could do it myself.  Keymaps and
input in general is an area in Emacs where I know very little, and I
already spent a disproportional amount of time on that aspect of the
menus (for comparison, the display aspects of the menus started
working within 2 working days of the code completion).