Re: after r114507 cannot build on msys - dup2 problem

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: Re: after r114507 cannot build on msys - dup2 problem
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:57:40 +0100

W dniu 2013-10-31 19:17, Eli Zaretskii pisze:

How did you invoke the configure script?  Did you use
nt/msysconfig.sh, or did you invoke ./configure by hand?

Probably when I did my first build (a months ago) I used the right file. Now I forgot and shot standard configure. Thanks for the hint. I guess I will remember now.

That's it: it never runs the test program, precisely because that
would erroneously decide that dup2 doesn't work.

I got it. Msdn documentation of msvcrt _dup2 says it returns 0 on success. Posix implementation returns the new descriptor, not 0. That's why standard dup2 test fails.

Jarek