Re: Rectangular regions

From: Josh
Subject: Re: Rectangular regions
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:06:13 -0700

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Leo Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Keys are precious resources and if there are ones we can GC, it is one
> stone for two birds.
>
> But I never use C-] for abort-recursive-edit. Comments?

IMO for most users setting a rectangular mark will be done infrequently
enough that it would be a waste to dedicate C-] to it.  C-x r C-SPC seems
like a reasonable default binding to me for the reasons I mentioned earlier,
and naturally users that prefer shorter bindings would be free to assign
them in their init files.