Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115058: * lisp/iswitchb.el (iswitchb-mode): Mar

From: Josh
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115058: * lisp/iswitchb.el (iswitchb-mode): Mark ob
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:24:17 -0800

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> The obsolescence itself is a little surprising to me, as I personally
>> know of a few people who prefer it to more featureful alternatives,
>> but far more surprising to me is the designation of icomplete as its
>> successor instead of ido.  It's my impression that ido is _far_ more
>> widely used than icomplete.
>
> icomplete-mode does not make ido-mode obsolete, indeed, far from it.
> And if people want to use it, ido-mode is just as available as before.

You misunderstood.  It is iswitchb's obsolescence that surprises me,
and iswitchb that those few people I mentioned prefer.  Leaving that
aside, if iswitchb is to be obsoleted then ido seems like a far more
sensible successor because people seem to prefer it to icomplete by
a wide margin.