Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el and leim/quail]
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:43:54 +0100

> Glenn's frustration (which I share) is that here's an Emacs
> _developer_ who has write access to the repository, and is quite
> capable of doing the 5-sec commit job, but refuses to do so on some
> address@hidden principle and lame excuses.
>
> IOW, he is publicly demonstrating his attitude to the project, asking
> others (whose plate is much more full than his, and whose time is more
> sparse than his) to act as his dutiful servants.

With all due respect, Eli.  I'm sorry that you think so.

I want to contribute to Emacs, while at the same time using the VCS I
like.  Just that.  The only drawback of that approach is that every
now and then some other developer would have to commit some patch of
mine.  I think it is a reasonable tradeoff.

--
Dani Moncayo