Re: Desktop tty frames (was: today's git does not run on Ubuntu)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Desktop tty frames (was: today's git does not run on Ubuntu)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 21:13:24 +0100

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> This raises the question:
> shouldn't the desktop open the saved frame as a tty frame when the desktop
> is restored by "emacs -nw"?

That is a good question. In general, the frameset stuff tries to
restore the frames as they were (though there are options to tweak
this) because on POSIX systems Emacs can have tty and GUI frames at
once.

So I suppose the answer is:
- do we want to default to non-GUI frames on POSIX -nw runs? If so, do
we force them to tty frames or ignore them?
- do we want to select this behavior through and option?
- some other idea?